IBM Employees may earn a referral bonus for a successful hire.
IBM is a global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and manage an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services – be it transformational outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete
Who You are: -
- You will play a lead role in defining the service scope for IBM Managed Network Delivery and delivering remote management services for Cisco/Checkpoint Network Devices, Firewalls, VPN's & VOIP Devices as part of IBM Network Delivery Team.
- You will act as the focal point for handling technical escalations and will assist the Technical/Delivery Manager in maintaining SLA adherence and meet CSAT goals, Expert level skills in implementation and administration of Local & Wide Area Networks (VLANs, VPNs) and Network Products - Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Voice Gateways, Unified Communication Devices; strong knowledge of static/dynamic routing protocols, transports (Internet/MPLS/VPLS) is expected, can perform requirements gathering & design.
What you’ll do:
- Administration and management of Firewall & VPN
- Provide technical guidance and support to L1-L2 engineers
- Covering all aspects of firewall administration such as hardware, operating system, encryption tunnels, VPN, day-to- operations of firewall rule sets etc.
- Perform network security design and integration
- Proven communication skills are required due to the dynamic nature of discussions with customers, vendors, and other engineering and product teams
- Designing network solutions with Firewall and Network components as per Target architecture and internal standards to meet connectivity requirements of internal customers
- Analyze firewall rules to categorize / prioritize the rules, removing shadows and recommend remediation action plans based on Application types and environment
- Firewall rule review
- Troubleshoot, isolate problems and determine product specifications defects.
- Resolve the majority of configuration-related issues.
- Perform problem reproduction and diagnose problem remotely.
- Diagnose problems and solve issues,often under time constraints;
- AAA/ACS/Tacacs/Radius Management
- Expert and Provide network and host based security, incident response, firewall and VPN management and administration
- Assist in the development of guidelines and procedures for administration and security best practices;
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusion
- NIPS management
- Hands on technical experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL VPN, WebVPN, AnyConnect, DMVPN)
- Understanding and implementation of network traffic analysis, remote access methods and systems, stateful inspection firewalls, encryption, authentication, authorization and accounting technology
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
- Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Professional Certifications like CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, GCIA, RHCE, and CCNA
- 1 year experience in general Information Security practices
- 1 year experience in firewall / security gateway administration
- 1 year experience in network troubleshooting
- Additional knowledge and understanding of one or more of the following concepts and technologies is a plus: SIEM, Proxies, Content Filtering, Vulnerability Scanning, Email and Web Security
- At least 2 years of experience in TCP/IP Networks
- At least 3 years of experience in Operating System Skills
- At least 2 years of experience with Unix/Linux system administration level knowledge
- IT Specialist
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.