Research Scientist, Interpretable Machine Learning
IBM Research is the innovation engine of IBM. Nearly every game-changing breakthrough in the information technology industry has its roots in an IBM Research lab. It has been a home for creative scientific minds since 1945, when Thomas J. Watson Sr. established the first corporate pure science research lab in the U.S. We are primed to define the future of technology for many years to come specifically around the world of Artificial Intelligence. We believe AI will transform the world in dramatic ways in the coming years – and our Research AI group is advancing the field through our portfolio of research and through collaboration with like-minded institutions including MIT (MIT-IBM Watson Lab - http://mitibmwatsonailab.mit.edu) and individuals to push the boundaries of AI faster – for the benefit of industry and society.
The IBM Research – Visual AI Lab is looking for research scientists who are as passionate as we are about Artificial Intelligence, advancing science, and designing interpretable algorithms and visual interfaces to help invent the next generation of AI. At IBM Research, we diligently craft a work environment that inspires brilliant and thoughtful work. Our environment blends the benefits of academia (publishing and speaking at leading academic conferences and journals, collaborations with academic peers) with the benefits of industry (vast computing resources, little emphasis on writing grants).
We have an ambitious AI research agenda, and we are hiring researchers to join our projects in the following areas:
- Interpretable Machine Learning
- Deep Neural Networks
- Explainable AI
- PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or related technical fields
- Experience with standard machine learning techniques and frameworks including but not limited to: Tensorflow, Caffe, (Py)Torch, Keras
- Experience communicating your research in technical communities such as publications in NIPS, CVPR, ICML, ICLR, IJCAI, AAAI, KDD, as well as IEEE VIS, ACM SIGCHI, and similar venues in AI and Visualization
- Experience analyzing large scale data from a variety of sources
- Design, validation, and characterization of algorithms and/or systems
- Contributing to open source projects
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.