IBM Employees may earn a referral bonus for a successful hire.
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, “be essential.” We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they’re inspired to create breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We’re building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us — you’ll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
Business Unit introduction:
IBM Systems Lab Services & Training is a team of product specialists and IT consultants that specialize in providing advanced, niche services to clients that can help them strategize and derive maximum returns for their investments. We help with new technology adoption, driving down infrastructure costs by designing flexible, software defined infrastructures and better manage risk with advanced technical skills and deep industry experience with client's production environments. The team carries deep skills in a vast range of areas including IT Optimization, Performance Engineering, Advanced Virtualization, High Availability, Backup and DR solutions, SAP & Oracle Database performance and migrations onto IBM platforms, IT Strategy & transformation roadmaps and consulting around next generation workloads that include Cloud, Big Data & Analytics.
Product skills on IBM's server and storage solutions are also an essential component of the consultant's role. This is a client facing role and will require Proven client interaction skills. The team is spread across all major metros including New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
Who you are:
• You will be responsible to Development and Testing of z Firmware systems. Interlock with stake holders and collect detailed feedbacks from customer, IBM sales/presales and other internal teams.
• You will be responsible to connect with Global teams & Collaborate effectively and deliver key functionalities from India labs.
What you’ll do:
- Follow Design Thinking Principles - Design and Development of z firmware systems, Platform management & Tools development.
- Follow Agile principles for firmware development, also Playback / demo the deliverables with key stakeholders.
- Ensure the quality of the product before delivery - As discussed and expected by z Systems Firmware org.
- Plan & Deliver technical trainings and knowledge sessions to IBM Customers.
- Exposure to Unix/Windows and Linux and Security is a added advantage.
- 0 to 2 years of experience
- Experience in Application development, networking and security.
- Ability to pick up new areas and work on a Consultant Profile as well.
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Proven Exp in UML Modeling, Design Patterns
Proven Exp on with Core Java.
Proven Exp on with scripting languages Python,Perl,Shell.
- Hardware Development & Support
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.